
Photo: Getty Images
Zelenskyy commented on the new proposal for a subsoil agreement from the US
Access to intelligence will be expanded – Zelensky; Kyiv commented on the new proposal for a subsoil agreement. Korespondent.net highlights the main events of yesterday.
Access to intelligence will be expanded – Zelensky
Ukraine has reached an agreement with partners in some countries to expand access to their intelligence data , President Volodymyr Zelensky said. "This is a European initiative – to expand Ukraine's access to intelligence, to access to relevant technologies, satellites that our European colleagues have," he said. According to Zelensky, Ukraine has also reached an agreement "with some leaders on access to their ammunition depots" and on licenses for the production of air defense systems.
US abandons timeline for achieving peace in Ukraine
The time frame for completing negotiations and concluding a peace agreement between Ukraine and Russia is not yet set , said US Secretary of State Marco Rubio. According to him, the US will strive to achieve peace for as long as it takes. He noted that the timing depends on the Russians and Ukrainians. At the same time, Rubio also mentioned "partners in Europe who have sanctions," the lifting of which Russia demands.
Kyiv commented on new proposal for subsoil agreement
Ukraine has received a draft economic agreement on subsoil from the US. The document is currently being worked on. This was stated by First Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy Yulia Svyrydenko. "This is a working version, which, in essence, reflects the position of American legal advisors. We are forming our position and now the process is also formalized," she said.
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that "We have a Constitution of Ukraine, in which it is clear who owns what." According to him, some of the proposals in the agreement will be "screened out." And when there are no legislative threats, he will evaluate it.
A powerful earthquake occurred in Asian countries: hundreds of victims
A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.7 struck Southeast Asia. The epicenter was in Myanmar, where the death toll reached 144 people, and more than 700 were injured. However, by Saturday morning, the media had already reported 694 dead and 1,670 injured . This is one of the most devastating disasters to hit the country in recent years. Scientists warn that the situation could worsen. Aftershocks of magnitude 6-6.5 are possible in the coming days. The country's authorities are trying to cope with the humanitarian crisis in the six affected regions. The Prime Minister of Myanmar called on "any country, any organization" to come to the rescue. The tremors were also felt by residents of neighboring countries. For example, in the capital of Thailand, Bangkok, a number of buildings were destroyed. Bridges and roads were damaged. In addition, at least 43 workers were trapped under the rubble of a high-rise building. Eight people died, and another hundred are missing.
Kremlin threatens to withdraw from "energy truce"
The aggressor country Russia may withdraw from the so-called "energy truce" because Ukraine is allegedly not adhering to the moratorium. This was stated by Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov. According to him, the Russian military is supposedly carrying out the order of dictator Vladimir Putin not to strike at Ukraine's energy infrastructure and "repel similar attacks by Kyiv every day."
Meanwhile, the General Staff stated that the Ukrainian Defense Forces are strictly adhering to the agreements reached with partners to stop strikes on energy facilities. They emphasized that fire strikes are carried out exclusively against military targets of the Russian occupation army.
Russians attacked Naftogaz gas production facilities
Russian aggressors attacked Naftogaz facilities and damaged gas production facilities. It is stated that this is the eighteenth combined attack on Naftogaz infrastructure since the start of the full-scale war and the eighth this year. Specialists are working to eliminate the consequences of the shelling and assess the damage.
Russia is preparing for a large-scale war with NATO – intelligence
A new report by the German Federal Intelligence Service (BND) and the Bundeswehr speaks of a serious threat from Russia regarding a possible large-scale military conflict with NATO , Bild reports. According to information provided by German intelligence, Russia may be fully prepared for a "large-scale conventional war" by the end of this decade. However, according to the assessment of the Lithuanian special service VSD, Moscow is currently not capable of attacking the entire Alliance, at the same time it may try to "test NATO" with a limited military operation against one or several countries of the bloc. The report emphasizes that, despite the main concentration of Russian troops in Ukraine, the Russian air force and navy retain their combat capability.
News from Korrespondent.net on Telegram and WhatsApp. Subscribe to our channels https://t.me/korrespondentnet and WhatsApp

Pylyp is an experienced private banker and asset manager.